Do you have a passion for business and human rights, human rights law and international humanitarian law? Are you creative and hardworking, with a positive 'can-do' attitude? Then this is the position for you!
Position: Communications Internship
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Application deadline: 1 November 2017
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3–6 months, 30-40 hours per week
Duties: The communications intern will be supervised by, and receive on-the-job training from our head of communications, providing assistance as required with the following tasks:
- Attend and/or organise meetings and special events;
- Execute a marketing and outreach strategy to promote GRC to key stakeholders;
- Assist with copy-editing and writing;
- Develop monthly newsletters and social media reports;
- Draft media alerts and press releases;
- Monitor and evaluate strategic development efforts;
- Create content for our social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) and our website.
- Committment to GRC's philosophy and objectives;
- Deeply creative, enthusiastic and social media savvy;
- A fast learner, able to work independently and as part of an international team;
- Must be a student pursuing a Master's degree in Communications, Development Studies, Journalism, Law, Marketing, or a related field;
- Open to growing and learning within the internship experience;
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written;
- Resilient and self-motivated under pressure, capable of meeting tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and international humanitarian law;
- A professional work ethic, including the capacity to maintain confidentiality;
- Computer skills, with proven experience in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
Benefits: At GRC, the communications intern can expect to greatly enhance their knowledge of business and human rights, human rights law and international humanitarian law, and see their skills applied in international projects.
About GRC: GRC is an international group of lawyers specialising in human rights issues, led by Mr. Wayne Jordash QC, a British lawyer, and Mr. Scott Martin, an American lawyer.
Application: Qualified candidates should send a detailed CV and cover letter to [email protected], with the e-mail subject line GRC Internship Application (Communications Internship). Shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon after the deadline for an interview.
Please note: This internship is an unpaid position.
The minimum internship placement is 3 months, however a 6-month commitment is preferred.