Position: (2 Full-time) Communications and outreach internship
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Application deadline: 19 May 2017
Start Date: 29 May 2017
Duration: 3–6 months, 30-40 hours per week
Description: Global Rights Compliance (GRC) is seeking hard-working and highly motivated Communications interns to join our international team in The Hague, Netherlands.
Duties: The Communications interns will be supervised by, and receive on-the-job training from our head of communications, providing assistance as required with the following tasks:
- Attend and/or organise meetings and special events;
- Execute a marketing and outreach strategy to promote GRC to key stakeholders;
- Assist with copy-editing and writing;
- Develop monthly newsletters and social media reports;
- Draft media alerts and press releases;
- Monitor and evaluate strategic development efforts;
- Create content on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and our website.
- Committment to GRC's philosophy and objectives;
- Deeply creative, enthusiastic and social media savvy;
- A fast learner, able to work independently and as part of an international team;
- Must be a student pursuing a Master's degree in Communications, Development Studies, Journalism, Law, Marketing, or a related field;
- Open to growing and learning within the internship experience;
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written;
- Resilient and self-motivated under pressure, capable of meeting tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and international humanitarian law;
- A professional work ethic, including the capacity to maintain confidentiality;
- Computer skills, with proven experience in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
Please note: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties that will and may be required of the Communications interns.
Benefits: At GRC, the Communications interns can expect to greatly enhance their knowledge of international human rights and humanitarian law, international legal organisations, and see their skills applied in international projects.
About GRC: Global Rights Compliance LLP (GRC) is an international group of lawyers specialising in human rights issues, led by Mr. Wayne Jordash QC, a British lawyer, and Mr. Scott Martin, an American lawyer.
Application: Qualified candidates should send a detailed CV and cover letter to [email protected], with the e-mail subject line GRC Internship Application (Communications and Outreach Internship). Shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon after the deadline for an interview.
Please note this Global Rights Compliance internship is an unpaid position.
The minimum internship placement is 3 months, however a 6-month commitment is preferred.